Sunday Evening Traditions

Monday, January 26, 2009
I've started a new family tradition, Fancy Dinner Sundays. Every Sunday, for the last three weeks, I've made a fancy dinner, meaning a dinner that requires more than taking something out of plastic and putting it in the oven. It's a nice, relaxing way to begin the week. It's also made me realize how much I enjoy cooking. Now, I know there are wives and mothers out there who prepare delicious meals for their family seven days a week, but I'm taking baby steps here people.


Here are some meals I've made so far:

Fancy Dinner #1
Broiled Salmon
Roasted Asparagus with olive oil, sea salt and ground pepper and a touch of balsamic vinegar (this was very tasty)
Goat Cheese and Pear Salad with dried cranberries

Fancy Dinner #2
Chicken Fajitas
(umm, I don't really know how to elaborate on this one, broiled chicken with sauteed red peppers and onions, served with black beans, cheese, guacamole and salsa)

Fancy Dinner #3
Baked Chicken stuffed with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes
Sauteed Leeks (a favorite in our home)
Crackers and hummus
and my honey oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for dessert

Any suggestions for future meals to try?

6 comments:

  1. nice to hear from you, Jennie...
    haha, I actually was addressing a fellow blogger (Jill) when I said Jill... I was telling her about the duggar boy! Haha...i guess that wasn't very clear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennie-- great ideas! I was doing a "fancy" meal on Sunday-even pulling out our china (did you know we have the same pattern as you? I have been meaning to mention that).
    But, I have not gone all out like that in quite awhile...
    thanks for the inspiration!
    Missed you at the Walk for Life on Sat! 30,000 people!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry,
    How fun that you had fancy Sunday dinners too! And what a great excuse to pull out the china, I love that idea. I didn't realize we had the same china pattern as you guys. Great minds...

    Wish I could have been at the West Coast Walk for Life. 30,000 people, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jennie....better watch out, Matthew might put on weight! just kidding! Love, Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yummy looking picture Jennie! And those family tradition beginnings are such fun. Glad to hear your Sunday evenings are relaxing before the work week's challenges. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grammie, speaking of fancy dinners, have you started receiving those gourmet meals yet? How are they?

    By the way, I love getting your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design