Pregnancy Updates

Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I had my midwife appointment today and the good news is the baby is head down! At least, the midwife was pretty sure it was his/her head she was feeling. Although, she also said the baby could flip again between now and the next 10 weeks, but at least for now there's a head where it should be.

The bad, or not so good news, is that I'm a little anemic and, this is embarrassing, she's worried about my weight gain. So far I've gained...40 pounds! Yikes. Truth be told, I'm a little surprised by it too. I told her I eat healthy and exercise, but the scale keeps going up, up, up. I don't have gestational diabetes or high blood pressure or stretch marks for goodness sakes and I swear I don't feel fat, I mean, I know I've gained weight, but it doesn't feel unhealthy, at least not yet. I'm going to try cutting out sugar for the next month and see what happens.

What's reassuring is that with the Bradley Method (our childbirthing classes/approach), they say as long as you're healthy not to worry about the weight gain too much. I'll just have to work hard to lose all the baby weight come February. I'm already planning on running a marathon in October 2010, so I figure that should do it.

3 comments:

  1. AAAAH! I just found your blog again. I had been checking in often and then couldn't remember the blog address... so I'm only NOW seeing that you're expecting!!! Oh my goodness! Congrats, congrats!
    You're going on blog bar, now that I have your address again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, don't worry about the gain- you are probably doing just fine! :) You were a skinny-mini to begin with anyway. And, I bet you are eating well, and that is the most important thing when growing a babe!

    That's so awesome about the marathon. It's totally possible to lose all the weight when you are in the postpartum time.

    I went to a "Meet the local midwives" meeting last night, and I met a doula there who looked so much like YOU! It was really uncanny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, I knew I could count on you for reassurance in the weight department. Thanks. And I love you for saying I was a skinny-mini!

    How was the "meet the midwives" meeting? Are there many midwives in your area? How's the birth assistant process coming along for you? I want to hear more about that. Hmm, weird to think I have a twin who's a doula, haha. Maybe it's a sign, I should become one too!:)

    Oh, and Julie Barder just told me she and Uxue came to visit you, how fun! She also said you started a camp down there. I thought the campe you sent us pictures of was the Bay Area camp. Sorry. You are awesome!

    I should have just emailed you rather than leave this long comment post...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design