No News Yet

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No baby yet. I’m starting to think this baby is never going to come. In theory, I know that eventually this pregnancy is going to end and soon I’m going to be able to cuddle and kiss my little one. But that’s all theoretical at this point. In actuality, I feel like I’m going to be 9 months pregnant for the rest. of. my. life. I mentioned this to my parents the other day and my dad said, “well, it does run in the family.” Ha! (My mom had 6 kids and her mom had 13.) So here’s hoping that some real contractions get this party started soon.

Oh, and you know how I mentioned that I am calm and collected about not being able to give birth in the birthing center? Well, that tranquility went out the door. At my last appointment my midwife mentioned that the birthing center would be back open this week, but then another midwife said that it may not. Then yesterday they told me on the phone that it should be open by Friday, but they’re not sure. I told the receptionist, “here’s the thing, I’m due Saturday, so it would be really nice to know.” Nobody can give me a straight answer and it’s driving me crazy!

Deep down I know everything will be okay and the baby will be born healthy when he or she is ready, but all these uncontrollable factors have really been doing a number on my need for control. I just have to take a deep breath and relax and let go. God’s in charge.

2 comments:

  1. hi hon! I know the waiting and wondering is excruciating!
    Arrg-- that's annoying about the birth center-- but maybe there's hope that the repair will be done!

    call me if you need a pep talk!
    and remember all the natural induction techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kerry. I totally thought of you the other day because my midwife was going over all the "natural" induction techniques and I know how you're a big proponent of one of them;)Haha. I've started taking Primrose Oil at her suggestion, did you ever try that?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design