Daddy's Girl

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The father daughter bond can be one of the strongest and sweetest relationships between two people. I love that Matthew and Hannah already have such a strong connection and one that will only continue to grow over time. Hannah is already such a Daddy’s girl and Matthew is completely smitten with his daughter. It’s so sweet and I want to do everything I can to encourage and foster their special relationship.

One little tradition Matthew has started is sending Hannah flowers on Valentine’s Day. He plans to send her flowers every Valentine’s Day until she’s married. And if Valentine’s Day should fall on a school day, he plans to have the flowers delivered to her school. Just imagine a kindergartener receiving flowers from her Dad on Valentine’s Day. The thought alone makes me melt. I love, love this plan and love even more how important it is to him.

Watching my husband become a father has been one of the best parts about having a baby. I love him all the more for it. I always knew he would be a good Dad (it’s one of the main reasons why I married him), but to actually see him in action, holding her, kissing her, doting on her, is just so touching. I feel so incredibly blessed as a woman and wife to have such a good man who loves me and is devoted to our child. Oh yeah, and Hannah is lucky too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design