Motherhood

Wednesday, February 3, 2010


Wow, I can’t believe it’s February 3rd already. Who would have thought caring for a newborn would be so time consuming? I’ve been meaning to catch up on emails and blog posts, but alas Hannah requires a lot of attention and she’s way cuter and more enticing than any email or blog post.

Motherhood is wonderful. I love it. It may sound clichéd, but being a parent really is the best thing in the world. Nothing prepares you for how much you will love your child. I feel like it’s Christmas morning every time I look at her or hold her. I told Matthew I think I have the opposite of post partum depression. Does post partum elation exist? I don’t know. It does for me. And I know you’re not supposed to say these sort of things about your own child, but seriously my daughter is beautiful and so good. She’s such a happy baby, very mellow, very curious. In a few years she’s going to be the kid asking all sorts of questions.

We feel so icredibly blessed by her presence in our lives. Maybe because things are going so well with Hannah we’ve already started talking about baby #2. Should I not have said that? Well, we have, so I’ll just put it out there. If God should bless us with another child, we would joyfully welcome him or her.

I plan on writing a post on Hannah’s birth story, but I’ll quickly say, pretty much nothing went according to plan. I suppose that’s the first rule of parenting, or life even, things often don‘t go according to plan. Despite the fact that I was praying throughout labor and invoking the help of any and every saint I could think of to help me achieve the birth I wanted, God had other plans. In the end, Hannah came out healthy and perfect and, ultimately, that’s all I wanted.

God is good.

1 comment:

  1. You are indeed blessed, and God is truly good. We look forward to watching Hannah grow if even from afar, and we'll hope for more beautiful babies :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design