Chocolate Chocolate Cookies- Updated

Friday, April 9, 2010

If you like chocolate, you must try this recipe! I made these cookies last night and they were a big hit. I've been experimenting with reducing the sugar in most of my baking recipes. Some recipes call for so much sugar (in my opinion), so sometimes I only add in half or 3/4 the required amount. And the taste doesn't suffer for it at all. (Goes to show how much sugar we are needlessly consuming.)

Here's My Version of the Recipe:

1/2 Cup Butter Softened (next time I'm going to experiment with less butter)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Sugar (the original recipe calls for 3/4 cups, next time I'll see if I can reduce the sugar amount even more)
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup or so of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I actually use gluten-free chocolate chips, which is made with evaporated cane juice instead of sugar- although I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the two)

**I made the recipe again this time using a little less than 1/2 cup sugar and instead added 2 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce. Oh my gosh, the cookies are much more moist and so much tastier. You must try this!

Mix ingredients. Bake at 365 for about 10 minutes.

Next summer I'm hoping to open a stand at our local Farmer's Market down on the Cape and sell organic and reduced sugar baked goods. I am also hoping to sell pajama pants that I plan to sew. (I have big plans for myself and this sewing endeavor- haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design