My Diet

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Without going into too many boring details, I thought I’d share my post-baby diet plan. The diet is actually specifically designed for breastfeeding mothers (I’m using the Parents Magazine plan), so I haven’t drastically cut back on my calorie intake. I’ve been on the diet about a week and I’m thrilled to say, it’s working! I don’t even know if I’d even call it a diet, more like eating healthy.

During the week (I allow myself a little more leeway on the weekends), I cut out all sweets, and substitute my usual sandwich at lunch for a salad and a cup of soup. I’ve also begun to eat Greek yogurt (rather than something sweet) for an afternoon snack. I drink two cups of green tea per day and try to minimize the amount of sugar I eat. By following this plan, I’ve cut down on the amount of carbs and sugar I eat and let me tell you, the pounds are coming off. I should have been eating like this my whole life!

My goal is to get back down to my pre-baby weight. Although I’ve lost several pounds so far, I’m realistic about how long it may take to lose all the weight. They always say "it took nine months to gain the weight, so expect it to take nine months to lose the weight." However, a little confession, I gained about 55 pounds with Hannah, way more than the recommended 25. So I’m not sure if that whole nine months to lose the weight mantra applies to me. But six weeks after having Hannah, I had lost about 35 pounds, which means I have about 20 more pounds to lose. So far so good.

I’ve given myself little incentives along the way to help encourage me. When I lose the first 15lbs (which means I only have about 6lbs more to go), I can buy myself a new swimsuit. When I get back down to my goal weight, I’ll do something special for myself. I’m not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

It’s important for me to get back into to shape for two reasons, one being my own vanity, and two, I want to have another baby soon. So really baby number two is my ultimate reason for wanting to lose the weight. Not that I’d put off having another baby because I didn’t weigh exactly what I did before Hannah, but it would be nice to be close. So wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I could have a long convo with you re this.
    That's so awesome and sounds like a great plan!!
    Weight Watchers really helped me when Ryan was deployed, and then I started gaining again, so last Oct I joined again. Still working towards my goal, but getting closer. It a work in progress- just like the spiritual life, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, you're back! Yay! I missed you! We should chat about this. Did you find that breastfeeding helped you lose the weight like everyone claims it does because so far, I don't know if that's the case for me. I've also read that breastfeeding can cause your body to hang on to the last 10lbs, which may be the case for me. Time will tell. I thought about WW or something like that, but is the cost of food expensive? Is the food good? It certainly is a work in progress.

    How was your time in the Bay Area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss! LOVE the cartoon lol.

    stop by my site if you get a chance

    Fitness Achievement

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design