Operation Lose Baby Weight

Friday, May 14, 2010

Operation: Lose Baby Weight is off to a rousing start! Since going on my diet about 3.5 weeks ago, I’ve lost 10 pounds! So I have about another 13 to go until I'm back to my pre-baby weight. I’m really excited about the success I've had thus far and am determined to lose the rest of the weight.

Up until this point, I’ve really only modified my diet to lose the weight. Like I mentioned before, I’ve substituted my usual lunchtime sandwich (hard to do) for a salad and soup. I load up the salad with a ton of veggies and often add tuna and cheese, so it’s really tasty. I’ve also eliminated sweets during the week (very hard to do) and make sure I eat a small breakfast every morning and a healthy snack like Greek yogurt or an apple with peanut butter in the afternoon, which keeps my blood sugar levels stable and my metabolism going. We generally eat pretty healthy dinners, so dinner hasn’t changed much. And for dessert I usually eat a few squares of dark chocolate and/or a graham cracker. I have to admit, I’ve been fairly strict with myself, and the success I‘ve had so far helps keep me diligent.

I have not yet added in the exercise portion of this LBW plan. I figure since I’m still nursing and Hannah doesn’t quite sleep through the night that I should go easy on my body. I walk a lot, but haven’t begun the high intensity cardio, such as running, that I usually do to stay fit.

I’m not delusional that the weight will keep coming off like this. I imagine the last 5-7 pounds will take a real concentrated effort to lose. However, I recently read that once my baby is weaned, I’ll probably lose another 5 pounds. And where will those 5 pounds come from, you may ask? I’ll tell you, my boobs! At least, that’s what one of the baby books says. I hope it’s true because, contrary to what many women think, it’s not easy having a larger than average chest size.

So there you have it, month one in my goal to lose the baby weight and probably more than you ever wanted to know about my diet plan. It’s not easy, but it’s definitely worth it.

4 comments:

  1. that's so awesome, congrats!

    And amen on the boobs comment. Welcome to my world circa 1994.

    :)

    and my word verification for this post was "racks"
    wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 快樂是你與生俱來的權力,它不應該取決於你完成什麼。 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Kerry, that was seriously your word verification? Awesome. And I totally thought of you when I was writing about my larger than average bust. I totally feel your pain.

    Thanks, Jacq!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design