Simple Woman's Daybook for May 19, 2010

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Outside my window...gray and misty. It smells like the sea outside. I love that smell.
I am thinking... that Hannah may be teething already. She’s drooling, fussy, won’t sleep and has a diaper rash, all telltale signs of teething (from what I‘ve read).
I am thankful for... being a stay-at-home Mom. Even on the tough days and the long days, I feel so fortunate that I get to be at home with my baby. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be.
From the kitchen...Oatmeal, Dried Plum and Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. It’s a vegan recipe, I’ve never tried baking vegan cookies, but it was actually easier than I expected. Try it! Recipe here.
I am wearing... black yoga pants, running shoes and one of Matthew’s old sweatshirts (it’s a good day for old sweatshirts).
I am creating...matching pajama pants for Hannah and me. Kinda corny, I know.
I am going...to invite our elderly neighbor over for dinner. She slipped a Mother’s Day card underneath our door two weeks ago. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness that I thought I'd have her over for dinner.
I am reading... The Mother of the Little Flower. A book about Venerable Zelie Martin, my assigned saint for 2010. It’s uncanny how much we have in common, at least on the surface.
I am hoping...to buy my sewing machine today.
I am hearing...Missy Higgins on Pandora and Hannah squealing on her gym mat.
Around the house...Laundry is done. Need to vacuum today.
One of my favorite things...are gray days like today.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Busy. Our 2 year anniversary is Sunday, so as a gift to ourselves we’re planning to buy bikes this Friday. Saturday we’re headed down to the Cape to meet up with some friends from California. We're going wine tasting with them at a vineyard on the Cape on Saturday. Then house hunting again on Sunday. Busy.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

4 comments:

  1. Hee hee, love the rolls on Hannah's legs! Enjoy all the little moments Jennie, and have an awesome weekend! xoxox Mom
    PS - munching on my own dried plum/walnut cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NO words for the matching pj pants. That is hilarious!!!!

    And, are those cloth diapers in the pic. Just burp rags? Is there something you are not telling us? Are you crunchier than I thought? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN GIRL!! baby got back! literally!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 只有尋常才幹,但具有不尋常恆心的人,一切皆可獲取..............................

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design