It's Been A While

Monday, August 2, 2010
Summers are a hard time to have any semblance of routine or order, which is fairly evident with my lack of blog posts. I apologize to my few but faithful readers out there. We've been from one vacation to the next and while it's been fun, it was also slightly exhausting. Normalcy is underrated.

A few quick takes.

1. Our trip to California was wonderful. Too much to say about it for one single blog post. But it was very nice (for lack of a better word) to have my entire family finally meet Hannah.

2. Speaking of Hannah, she is now 6 months old. Can you believe it?!? My little baby sits up, says Dada (well, it's more like dadadada, but we pretend she's referring to Matthew), eats real food and wants to crawl. She's going to be a little girl before I know it.

3. I'm going to be coaching soccer again this fall and I'm really looking forward to it. The team won't be nearly as good or as competitive as those I'm used to coaching, but that's okay. It's easy and not much of a commitment, which is perfect for this mama of 1 these days.

4. I've been trying to figure out all the logistics of Hannah's Baptism. We're planning on having it in California, but that's turning out to be more of a headache than I originally thought. I'm having to jump through all these hoops just to have my child Baptized. And technically she's already been Baptized (we had her Baptized when she was 6 weeks old right before her surgery, but the priest said to have her Baptized again, more formally once she recovered from the surgery). Anyways, I feel like both churches (ours and the one we have to have her Baptized in) are acting like I'm some bum off the street who randomly wants to have my kid baptized. I want to tell the church office assistants, deacons etc. to quiz me, ask me any question about the faith and I swear I'll answer it correctly. Geez.

5. Our house hunting is still happening. I'm at the point where I don't really care anymore, any house will do. But our endless hunt has led us to come up with another life plan, which I'm really excited about, but can't say anything about yet. I repeat, I'm REALLY excited about it. No, it's not another baby.

6. Hmm, what else, Hannah has two little teeth on her bottom gum. Thank goodness they finally broke through, it's been a torturous month for her and for us.

7. I've been reading more about temperaments, spurred on by the book The Temperament God Gave Your Spouse. I started reading it because sometimes I swear I do not understand my spouse at all. Turns out we are both classic cases of certain temperaments. I'm a Choleric and he's a Melancholic. To a T. I'll write more about this later.

Bonus: 8) I accidentally waxed off some of my eyebrow. Awesome. Lesson learned, no more self-waxing.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jennie! Thanks for coming back to blogging-- missed you!
    That's awesome about coaching soccer-- you go!
    Sorry about the rigamarole getting the Baptism. I know, it's like- "I could TEACH the Baptism prep class!"

    Please tell me more about the temperments! My sisters are really big into this-- I think I'm sanguine/choleric and Ryan is melancholic/choleric. It's VERY enlightening to know that to help you understand your spouse and yourself....I should email you about this!

    What's the news with the house hunt-- do tell!!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your poor eyebrow..definitely no more self waxing sister! hannah looks so much older, i cant wait to see you all again. i had a dream about her the other night actually. im interested in this new life plan of yours! did we speak about it on the phone?!! i miss you, glad you finally updated this thing ;) love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops i think i just went through ross' account. haha, im on his computer. oopsies

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the updates Jennie. Your writing definitely entertains me and helps me to feel as though I'm somewhat right there with you Hannah and Matthew. Keep posting!! xoxoxoMom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design