Mouse in the House

Saturday, August 7, 2010
Yesterday we had another mouse in the kitchen. I saw it scurry underneath the oven. Not a great way to start the day. A few hours later I heard this squealing and couldn't quite figure out where it was coming from. I thought it was one of Hannah's teething toys. I walked all over the apartment trying to figure out where those squeals were coming from. Turns out they were coming from underneath the oven. IT WAS THE MOUSE-GROSS! I called Matthew and made him come home immediately (although, not exactly sure what he would do, but he would save us somehow) and then grabbed Hannah and ran out of the house (not sure why, but it seemed like the sensible thing to do at the time).

Unfortunately it was sweltering yesterday, which didn't make our outdoor adventures all that fun. But we did walk to the beach and then go for a swim. (We're so lucky to have a pool in our apartment complex).

Matthew came home and concurred it was indeed the mouse squealing from underneath the oven. It must have been caught on one of the sticky traps and was calling for its friends to come save it.

I went into the apartment office and told them our situation. The maintenance men came right up and fished out the dead mouse on the sticky trap. I stayed in the other room with Hannah.

So that was a fun day.

I feel like Verunca Salt, but I want my own house now.

1 comment:

  1. I WANT IT NOWWWW!!!!

    looooove the Verunca reference!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design