A Good Food Weekend

Monday, November 8, 2010



We had a great weekend, especially in the culinary arena. Is it odd to judge a weekend strictly by the food you ate, I don't know, but I deem this past weekend an A.

I had the morning off from my Saturday school this weekend, so we ended up going out to brunch in Boston at this great little organic foodie place. We both ordered omelets and they were delicious. Then we enjoyed some Starbucks seasonal drinks (I had the peppermint mocha-yum). Not that I drink Starbucks too often anymore, but I love that their red Holiday/Christmas cups are already out. It makes me happy.

On Saturday afternoon we lounged around and watched a movie. For dinner we had spaghetti and turkey meatballs and garlic bread. Oh boy, the garlic bread was too good.

Sunday after early morning Mass we went out to breakfast again. This time we went to Whole Foods. They've started a new Sunday morning breakfast where they make your omelets on the spot. So we had omelet again, delish. After we got home I made a pumpkin pie and homemade applesauce. I love the Fall , if only for all the great foods we get to eat during the season. For dinner we had chicken sandwiches with cheese, tomatoes, red onions and avocados.

Okay, this post is getting more than a little boring, but the food we enjoyed this weened was too good not to share. Plus, someone else had her first taste of avocado and I daresay she liked it.

**On a side note, I apologize that my posts have lacked substance in recent weeks. I go back and forth about oversharing and tend to air on the side of undersharing, hence the slightly boring posts. I'll try to do better, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. your posts are not boring, but please- share away!
    That all sounds really yummy. good to know about the Whole Foods omlets. We've been meaning to push aside the yuppies at the one close to us and get a meal there. :)

    I made a pumpkin pie last night-- and if you don't have energy for the crust the Trader Joes frozen crust (comes in a 2 pack) is THE BEST non-homemade I have ever tasted!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jennie! just caught up reading all your posts, hannah is getting so big its crazy! & eating is definitely one of my favorite hobbies, i think my mouth was watering as i ready your blog... YUM! & i loveddd hannahs costume (especially the awesome bear slippers!!) hope all is well, miss you love you, hopefully well see the fam soon! katj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girls! Thanks for the comments!

    Miss you both!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design