Quick Takes- Monday Edition

Monday, December 6, 2010
1) Sorry it's been a while, but Happy St. Nicholas's Day! Hannah was delighted to find some cinnamon sticks in her shoes this morning. She crawled right over and ate the entire bag in one sitting. As for Matthew and me, I didn't have time to get any candy, so I received some decaf coffee in my shoe and Matthew got a popsicle (this morning) in his. Next year hopefully will be a bit more organized.

2) Basketball has started and is going really well. Surprisingly, I find I'm enjoying myself more with basketball than with soccer. It helps that there's someone else coaching with me and we only have 9 players on our team. Plus, I've also discovered I am way more rah-rah with basketball. I think that's because I don't know much more than the girls, I figure hey, that could easily be me making that crazy bad shot, so nice effort.

3)We're headed to California in just 13 short days! Yay! We can't wait to see everyone and spend Christmas with them.

4) I've started the process of finishing my masters thesis--finally. I'm hoping to have it completed by this spring. I'm writing about single sex education- pros and cons, however so far, in all the data, it seems to be mostly pros. If anyone has anything to add, let me know:)

5) I started on our Christmas cards yesterday. I just love Christmas and everything about the joyful holiday, including writing Christmas cards. So you can expect your Christmas card from us in the next two weeks!

6) I'm running out of takes here. After work on Saturday morning, I went to Confession at this shrine and it was wonderful. Then Saturday afternoon we watched a few episodes of Mad Men (our new show that we're hooked on). Then Saturday night we went out to dinner at this place I've been wanting to try for a while in the North End. Saturday was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. oh this was a lot of info!
    How awesome that you are going back for Christmas.

    I love that you love Christmas cards too. I started mine and have done 10%. They have really increased with all our recent moves-- I've met people all over the country!

    Good luck with that thesis. No ideas for ya, but I'd love to read it when you are done!

    That's so great you are coaching basketball. The girls are lucky to have ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its me again... #1 fan. Can i have a separate Christmas card from mom and dad just put like two pictures in there so i can put one in my binder :) please & thank you! Cant wait to see everyone:)))))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design