Simple Woman's Daybook December 15, 2010

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Outside my window...it looks like it may snow. It flurried yesterday, but nothing stuck. It has certainly been cold enough for it (21 degrees today). I hope we do get at least some snow before we leave for California.

I am listening to...Christmas songs on Pandora. We pretty much keep the Christmas music going 24/7 around here.

I am wearing...my black yoga pants and a long sleeve maternity top. But I'll have to change into my coach attire for our first basketball game today.

I am thinking... a lot about India and China's lost girls. I watched a documentary yesterday about the extreme gender imbalance in China and what the long term consequences of not enough women might be, such as prostitution, violence, increased crime, and sex slavery. Lovely. Not exactly Christmasy thoughts, but such is life.

I am thankful for
... a warm home, food, that my daughter was born in America.

I am reading... not much, any recommendations? I've been thumbing through Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Covenanted Happiness. But I would love to read a good novel soon.

I am hoping...that our basketball game goes well today! And hoping that we can manage to finish all the many errands and Christmas shopping we need to do before we leave for California in just three days. Yikes. I'm also hoping to manage to scrimp an extra $40/month to sponsor a little orphan girl in India who was abandoned by her parents because she was a girl. If you're interested in sponsoring a child, look here. I sponsor a little Ugandan girl through this Christian organization and they're legit.

On my mind..how blessed I am. How next year we will have two little ones to celebrate Christmas with. What joy!

From the kitchen...pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the mailman and neighbors. I made this recipe and did not realize it made 60 cookies. Good grief.

Around the house...silence, except for the Christmas music. Matthew took Hannah to run a few errands early this morning so I could have some time to myself. I've been so productive. Finished our Christmas cards, made cookies, vacuumed, took a shower and completed our homemade Christmas presents.

One of my favorite things...watching Hannah and Matthew play peekaboo and this little "I'm going to get you" game. It's really sweet and Hannah LOVES it.

A picture I am sharing

Our Christmas card for this year:)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet.
    Isabel is on my lap and just said "oh we have that picture!".

    :)

    and my word verification was "undiness".
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of yourself in your profile! We're a lot alike-I've recently Ina May's Guide AND Covenanted Happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design