7 Quick Takes

Friday, January 21, 2011

1. Hannah’s first birthday is tomorrow! I can’t believe it. I once heard a mom say that during this time with little children the days are long, but the years are short. That makes perfect sense to me. We’re planning a low key day, but I’ll be sure to post plenty of pictures after the fact. I’m also working on a video montage of Hannah’s first year of life. I feel so blessed to be her mama.

2.Speaking of Hannah, she took her first steps a couple of days ago! My baby girl is walking, well toddling. It really is pretty awesome.

3.Today was another snow day and most schools in the area were cancelled (including the school where I coach). It’s beautiful outside, but I’m starting to get a little stir crazy.

4.In my attempt to fulfill my New Year’s resolution of making new friends, I’ve joined a Mother’s Group and yesterday I had coffee with a woman who had her baby with my midwives. Our Mom’s group has only had one meeting, but the ladies are so fun and we’re planning on meeting once a week. Future friends, here I come!

5.I’m hoping to plan a little surprise getaway for Matthew and me. Once basketball season ends (in early March) I’m going to arrange for us to spend the night at a fancy hotel in Boston and maybe even enjoy a delicious dinner in some local restaurant we’ve been meaning to try.

6.This story is disgusting. I can’t help but wonder if this man was/is possessed by a demon. I’m serious. Not only did he carry out late term abortions, but he kept various severed body parts in jars in his office. Satan’s hand is all over that.

7.The anniversary of Roe v. Wade is coming up this weekend. I find myself extra sensitive to abortion arguments while I’m pregnant. From my experience, a mother’s instinct is to protect her little one at all costs. For a woman to have an abortion is a clear cry that society has not met her needs, that she feels she is in such dire circumstances that she would go against all her mama bear instincts. Abortion is horrible, for women and for children.

Why I haven't been blogging very often this week. This is what happens when I sit down at my computer and who can resist this face?

For more quick takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary.

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that Hannah was born on Roe v Wade anniversary..her birth and life represent hope, and her mama lives Pro-Life!
    And honestly, how can you resist that look of hers...keep this angelic image ingrained in your memory bank Jennie! xoxoxoGrams

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design