Why I Love My Husband

Monday, January 10, 2011

Kaitlin, over at More Like Mary, has started a weekly (I think) post about why she loves her husband. What a great opportunity to build up our husbands.

I've heard so many women complain about their husbands and their marriages and I'm always appalled by it. I've always believed such complaints shouldn't really be aired in public. It just tears down our husbands and marriage in general. Plus, if those women's husbands were saying similar things about them behind their backs, I'm sure they would be livid.

So, I always try to speak positively about married life any chance I get. Of course, this doesn't mean my husband is perfect or that we have a peachy keen marriage. In fact, being married is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Marriage is not for the faint of heart.

So here are this week's Why I Love My Husband:

1) He always indulges my food cravings and often insists on getting takeout once a week. This may not seem like a big deal, but between taking care of Hannah, being pregnant and coaching every afternoon I do become tired around dinner time and he knows it. So to try and make my life easier, he takes dinner off my hands.

2)He still buys me flowers. (When we were dating people would say that he would stop giving/sending me flowers once we were married. Cynical people.)Almost every time we go grocery shopping he'll add a boquet of flowers to the cart at the last minute. It's sweet and I love having fresh flowers in our home.

3)He's kinda clueless when it comes to looking at ultrasound pictures and it makes me laugh. We had Dos's big ultrasound today and all is well. Dos looks great and is perfectly healthy. Praise God! He/She was playing with her feet, which was really cute to watch. But having the ultrasound today reminded me of when we had Hannah's 20week ultrasound and the technician was scanning over her spine and Matthew asked in all sincerity, "so, now, are those the baby's teeth?" Hahaha, I laugh about it even now. He's so cute.

Read more Why I Love My Husband posts here.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm glad you joined in! And I'm cracking up at the teeth comment!

    It's not weekly really-it's just whenever! I don't exactly have a system.... But maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Jennie...Dad is just like Matthew with #1 and #2!!! I LOVE THAT!
    And happy to hear about the successful ultrasound today...Dos already appears happy - must be the happy sounds coming from Hannah and the love sensed between mom and dad :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design