7 Quick Takes

Friday, February 25, 2011

I thought it would be fun to continue with a theme for each week's Quick Takes. So for this week's, I'm writing about seven things I'm looking forward to in the upcoming week.

1.)Number one on my looking-forward-to list: seeing Kerry and Isabel! Next week Hannah and I are heading down to DC to visit my good friend Kerry (number one commenter on my blog) and her daughter and I cannot wait! I’m so looking forward to seeing them both and getting in some quality girl time. Today’s Mass reading was on the blessing of friendship and I could not agree more. Girl talks and birthing videos, here we come!

2.)Basketball season is almost over. Next week we just have our party (ice cream sundaes- I’m definitely looking forward to that) and then the awards ceremony and that’s it. As much fun as I had coaching, I’m really looking forward to the season being over. But with that said, I plan to coach again next year!

3.)Tonight’s dinner. I always try to make non-meat meals on Friday nights, so for the last couple of Fridays we’ve been having cheese raviolis, peas and French bread and man oh man has it been good.

4.)My next MOPS meeting. We had a meeting this past week which involved speed friendship dating. It was fun because we were able to spend a lot of time socializing. For our next meeting, I’m supposed to bring some sort of savory breakfast treat. Not sure exactly what that means, but I think I’m going to bring in some chocolate croissants. Yum. Plus, our next meeting is on homeschooling and I’m really curious to hear if any other moms in the group are considering homeschooling as an option. We certainly are. But I suppose that’s a whole other post.

5.) My next midwife appointment because that means I’m 30 weeks, which means only 7 more weeks after that, the baby will be full term. Dos really will be here before we know it. I can’t wait to meet him or her!

6.) The brownies baking in the oven. Anyone notice a theme here? Most of the things I’m looking forward to are food related.

7.) Lent. I know I’ve said it before, but I just love Lent. My personality thrives with concrete parameters for sacrifice. I truly enjoy the high expectations of Lent. I’ve been trying to decide what I will do for Lent this year. I’m thinking of giving up sweets, clearly that would be a real challenge for me and attending one additional daily Mass per week. Hannah and I go every Friday, so I’m thinking of tacking on Wednesdays too. Again, this will probably be a post unto itself.

Have a fabulous weekend!

For more Quick Takes check out Conversion Diary.

2 comments:

  1. sorry if this is a double comment- my power keeps going off and I don't know if the last comment went through.

    Thanks for the blog shout out!

    Hey wanna try some Martha Steward brownies in the crock pot? Sounds weird but looks yum.

    See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the crock pot? Hmm...definitely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design