I Think We Need to Move to the Midwest

Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Yesterday, Yahoo news had an article about home prices around the country. Read it here. Many of these homes are going for the equivalent price of a car. For example, this 4 bedroom house in South Bend is up for sale for $49,000. Yes, you read that right, $49,000. Look at this house, it's beautiful! And apparently, these prices for homes in the Midwest aren't that uncommon. I think we need to move there.


Being from California, where real estate is ridiculously overpriced, you couldn't find a condo for that cheap. In all the places I've lived, I've never heard of home prices like these. If that home were in California, New York or Massachusetts it would most certainly have an extra zero or two in the price.

Indiana here we come!

2 comments:

  1. wow.
    Those were pretty shocking!! I liked the one in Cheboygan, Michigan. But where the heck is Cheboygan?!

    Don't be fooled though, after finding 5 homes in 6 years, I now know that internet pics of the OUTSIDE of homes can be very deceiving! :)

    I'm picky as heck about neighbors too....but that's my Pleasanton upbringing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheboygan, that's fun to say:)

    Oh believe me, I am sure there is a catch to these houses. The one in the picture probably doesn't have indoor plumbing or electricity or something. But even if you had to put in $100,000 or even $200,000 in repairs, it would still be a good deal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design