The Kindness of Strangers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Sometimes I'm just so thankful for other women. Women understand each other, they know what's it's like to be a wife or to have young children.

Case in point. A couple of days ago, Matthew offered to take Hannah to the grocery store to pick up a couple of items I needed for dinner. As always, I made him a short (and very detailed) list (He needs to know exactly how many bananas I need, not just "bananas.") About 20 minutes after they left, I got a phone call, which went something like this:

Him: You want green onions?
Me: Yes.
Him: I can't find them.
Me: Well, it's tricky because they're not usually with the other onions, they might be by the lettuce.
Silence while he looks around.
Him: Are you sure green onions exist?
Me: Haha, yes, I'm sure
Him: (distracted) oh, those are green onions? Thank you.
Some nice lady had overheard our conversation and brought him a bunch of green onions.

Like I said, thank goodness for other women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design