A Little Bit Irish

Thursday, March 17, 2011

When I studied abroad in London we took a four day jaunt over to the Emerald Isle. Never before had I seen such a rugged and beautiful landscape and the people themselves were so incredibly hospitable. The kindness of the Irish was a nice reprieve from the stoicism of the British.

One night my friends and I journeyed into a pub in Galway where we were fortunate to spend some time chatting with the locals. I remember telling one of the guys with great pride that I was in fact a little bit Irish. I was so sure our shared heritage would impress him. But without missing a beat he replied, "honey, everyone's a little bit Irish." Haha, so true. That tiny island has done well for itself, reproduction wise.

And with that, I close. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design