Mardi Gras

Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Happy Fat Tuesday!

I'm trying to live it up as much as possible today. Tomorrow, D-Day, I plan to start my Lenten sacrifice of no more sweets. So, milkshakes for lunch anyone? This 40 day sugar detox is going to be painful, no doubt about it, but I'm hoping it will be spiritually and physically fruitful. And it's probably coming at just the right time in my pregnancy too. Hopefully eating healthier will help ensure a healthy baby and healthy delivery. Please God.

In other news, Hannah and I had a fantastic trip down to DC to visit Kerry and Isabel (and Ryan too:))! We had SO much fun. Thank you, Kerry for being such a fabulous host! We played and walked and baked and ate and talked and talked and talked. We talked so much I started to lose my voice. It was such a fabulous and memorable trip. I can't wait until they come to visit us, hopefully in the Fall. Remember Kerry, the John Adams house is about 5 minutes away;)

I hope everyone enjoys today and their last chance to indulge before Lent begins tomorrow. I'm off to enjoy another milkshake...

1 comment:

  1. My voice got hoarse too-- a sign of awesome catch up time!!

    What fun!

    (to all the POP who read this-- yes we did look at old photo albums) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design