Thoughts on Motherhood

Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Geesh, I haven't been doing a very good job at posting on a regular basis, but I wanted to thank everyone who emailed or commented about my last post, The No-Baby Boom. I'm flattered so many of you enjoyed reading the post. Thank you.

In honor of Mother's Day, I thought I'd post this video my grandmother sent me. It's too funny.


Also, I stumbled upon this blog, My Child, I Love You and am absolutely enamored with it. Her posts about motherhood are beautiful and moving and I echo her sentiments entirely.

On Mother's Day she wrote a post to her children about motherhood and I love her line, "that is why children are so good for humanity. They make us think of somebody else if we let them." I also love when she tells her children, "You were all very, very wanted and loved from the very first moments of knowing you were coming into our family. We rejoiced at each birth and thanked God for the gift of this new person. You each were kissed millions of times."

Okay, before I quote her entire post, I'll just link to it here, From Your Mother On Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design