Birth Story Pending

Monday, June 13, 2011
I'm working on Abbie's birth story, but I still feel like I'm processing a lot of my thoughts and feelings surrounding what happened. I went into labor Thursday morning around 6:00am and Abbie was finally delivered via c-section Sunday morning at 10:00am, so needless to say it was a long labor. My contractions were never further than 10 minutes apart during that whole time and at one point I was definitely throwing myself a pity party wondering why other women can have normal quick labors and I cannot. I know Ina May says, "your body is not a lemon," but I can't help but wonder why my body struggles to deliver a baby. My pregnancies are cake, but the labors not so much, go figure.

Anyways, I hope to have Abbie's full birth story up soon. Thank you again for all your prayers and well wishes.

4 comments:

  1. Love you-- I was thinking you are processing everything that happened and how hard you worked.

    I'm so proud of you, Jennie. You are like my birth hero.

    I can't wait to read your story; every birth is a miracle.

    Kisses to Hannah and Abigail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, maybe you read one of our favorite bloggers about this topic: http://allyouwhohope.blogspot.com/2011/03/c-section-courage.html

    there were some great quotes in here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and also (sorry third comment from your faithful commenter)

    some days I do feel my body is a lemon (for other reasons) so take that my beloved Ina May! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kerry. I really do appreciate your support. It means a lot to me. And you're right, every birth is a miracle, no matter what.

    I'm going to check out the link you sent to All You Who Hope's blog.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design