Tired

Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Life with two babies is h.a.r.d. They both need me so much. And while it's great to feel so needed, it's exhausting too. I'm ready for bed by 8pm every night. Unfortunately, little Abby is not always ready for bed by then, so we stay up a little later than I'd like.

But I keep telling myself that this too shall pass and eventually these two little girls will be the best of friends and learn to play together. And when that happens my life will get a whole heck of a lot easier. And someday when I'm much older I'll look back on this time as the best days of my life.

**Grammie, if you're reading this, any advice on how to cope with two little ones so close in age?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure as soon as a few years down the road you won't even remember how difficult it was at this time. I know that doesn't help now, but it won't last forever! I don't know how you do it, I am really nervous about keeping up with one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of you even more lately b/c I have a friend here w/ two girls 15 months apart. The girls are 4 and 3 now. THEY ARE AMAZING. It's crazy to see two little "twiblings" with the same interests (princesses), and they can actually do things together!

    It's really cool for Isabel to hang with them b/c she's exactly between their ages. (so then it's like a rapunzel/princess crazy party with the 3 of them together).

    Anyway, I asked my friend how the first year was with the both of them. She said it was a hard year. A blur. But then it gradually got easier.

    So....time marches on...and it will get better and you will eventually get more sleep. :)

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mandi. You're right, it won't last forever. And you'll do just fine keeping up with your little one. As exhausting as it is, it's so fun too:)

    And thanks, Ker. I like that term "twiblings," haha. It's so nice to hear stories from other mothers who have survived this time, thanks. It's hard, but it is a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design