7 Quick Takes

Friday, July 1, 2011

Is it really Friday again? And July? Where did June go? Whew, time flies. These are really random Quick Takes.

1)Did I mention Matthew gave me a Kindle as a “thank you for giving birth to my child” gift? We are big book lovers in this house and so we've been fairly reluctant to jump on the electronic book bandwagon, but let me say, I really like my kindle. Matthew figured it would be easier to breastfeed and read a kindle than a real book and he’s right (isn't he so thoughtful!). All I have to do is press a button as opposed to turning a page. Plus, there are tons of free books I’m able to download. For example, one of the books I’m currently reading is The Story of a Soul by St. Therese (it was free!). Very cool.

2)My Mom is coming to visit in two weeks! We can’t wait! I’m so excited and am planning all sorts of fun activities, although I know all she really wants to do is cuddle with her little granddaughters.

3)Since I’m still recovering from major abdominal surgery, we’ve been watching a lot of TV. Thank goodness for Netflix. My new favorite show is Drop Dead Diva, it’s so cute. But Netflix only has Season 1 available so does anyone have any TV show recommendations?

4) I’m going to be coaching soccer again in the Fall. Initially I told the school I wouldn't be able to this year because Abby would be too young to leave every day (even if it's only for one hour). But the athletic director offered me a deal to only coach a few days a week and only the practices (which means no away games). I was so touched that she was so accommodating, and jumped at chance to coach. I'm excited that I'll be able to earn a little money without the huge time commitment.

5)I'm on this new kick where I really want to start making our own bread. I imagine how wonderful it would be to have fresh whole wheat, French and ciabatta breads in the house. Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself considering I've never made bread in my life...

6) I know it’s only been a few weeks, but I’m kinda over my postpartum figure. I’m ready to be skinny again. I know, I know, give it time.

7)It's so nice to be able to drink wine and beer again. We've been enjoying a lot of white wines because it's been so hot. The wine tastes soo good!

For more Quick Takes visit Jen's blog here.

5 comments:

  1. The Kindle is a very sweet and practical push present. Also there's a lot of free books on Amazon for Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Story of a Soul is such a classic, and I'm SOOOO sad to admit I have not read it yet. I need to get in gear.

    Your mom is going to be in baby heaven!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Linda! I'm giong to have to check out more of the free kindle books Amazon offers, I'm in heaven, free books!

    And Kerry, I know, so many people rave about The Story of a Soul and I've always been embarrassed to admit I've never read it. So far I'm enjoying St. Therese's story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog via that eshakti website!

    I too have never read Story of a Soul and am somewhat hesitant to admit that, especially since my daughter is named after St. Therese!

    I make the bread in our house and seldom rely on store bought.It took me four years to get to this point, as I wanted something like what I find at the store. Ha ha. In the end I started making no-knead bread. If you google it, you should be able to find a recipe, it is simple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth and welcome! Glad to know there's another novice bread maker out there:) You give me hope, I'm going to check out the no-knead bread recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design