A Day In The Life

Tuesday, August 30, 2011
It's 4ish and I've already poured myself a glass of Chardonnay. Both girls are napping (a rarity) and it's been a glass-of-wine-at-4 kind of day.

I've seen these "Day in the Life" posts around on other blogs and figured I'd give it a whirl. I'm sure in 20 years I'll be amused at how my life was at this point in time and I'll probably cry wishing I had my little ones to cuddle. Anyways, here it goes.

6:30am- Abby starts to stir. Nurse her back to sleep, doze myself for a few minutes.
7:15- Stirring again, try to nurse Abby again, but notice Hannah is awake, so figure we’re up for the day.
7:20- Change and dress Hannah. Change and dress Abby
7:40- Make myself coffee and a piece of toast. Bottle for Hannah. Hannah “reads” her books and plays with her toys. Nurse Abby.
8:30-Time for Barney. (I try to have Hannah play for at least an hour before I turn to Barney.)
Hannah watches Barney. Abby plays on her mat. Unload dishwasher. Decide what’s for dinner. Write dinner menu on our kitchen chalkboard. Get ready for the day.
9:10- Head to the mall. I have something to return (a basket from Crate and Barrel) and want to let Hannah play on the playground they have there.
9:30-Arrive at the mall. Debate whether to get a Starbucks, opt not to. Head to playground (the stores don’t open until 10)
9:40-Hannah has the entire playground to herself! She jumps and leaps and climbs the stairs. Abby is fussing, so I nurse her.
10- Another little girl arrives at the playground. She has monkeys on her socks, Hannah is interested in the monkeys and tries to touch them, the little girl does not like this.
10:20- Leave the playground. Proud of us that we played there for almost an hour.
10:40- Get myself an iced tea lemonade from Starbucks before we leave the mall. Head to TJ Maxx thinking maybe I can find a basket there. (I've been trying to find a basket to match the one we already have in the living room. I need another basket to keep Hannah's books.)
10:55- Arrive at TJ Maxx. Abby is fussing, Hannah is tired. Know I’m pushing my luck trying to go to another store, but go anyways. Quickly look around TJ Maxx, no basket. Get sidetracked by the cute yoga pants, make a mental note to come back sometime.
11:10-Leave TJ Maxx. Both girls are tired and probably hungry. Mentally chastise myself for even bothering to try to find a dang basket.
11:15 Drive to Goodwill to drop off a big bag of blankets and clothes. Girls are crying in the back.
11:20-Girls stop crying. They fall asleep.
11:30- Drop off donations. Briefly chat with a very pregnant lady who’s also dropping off donations.
11:40- Arrive home. Proud of how much we’ve accomplished before noon. Hannah naps. I nurse Abby.
11:50- Scarf down a salad while Abby is whimpering.
11:52- Nurse Abby.
12:00 Prepare Abby’s bath. Take off Abby’s helmet. Bathe Abby. Wash Abby’s helmet. She gets one hour a day off from wearing her helmet.
12:30 Abby is cleaned and bathed. Lie down with her to try to get her to fall asleep. Nurse her to sleep.
12:32- Turn on Heartland (a show about a family that owns a horse ranch) on Instant Netflix. Reconsider city living. Want to move to Montana and buy some horses.
1:15- Finally check my email.
1:20- Matthew is home, decide to head to the gym downstairs to do my “walk” on the treadmill. Throw in a wash while I’m down there. (The laundry room is right next to the gym.)
1:30- I have the gym to myself. Yay! Watch the news as I speed walk. My Ipod battery dies. Decide to just watch the news. All about the damage caused by Irene. Realize how glad I am that we had no real damage here.
2:00- Walk 2 miles. Change laundry to dryer. Head upstairs.

Okay, I'll finish the rest tomorrow. I'm not usually this busy, but such is life.

1 comment:

  1. This was so sweet to read. I know about thise...I'm pushing it type of errands!!!

    You deserve that wine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design