Earthquakes, Hurricanes & Storms, Oh My!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Mother Nature has been busy!

The Virginia area experienced a 5.8 earthquake earlier this week. A 5.8 is pretty big, even by California standards. And I was so bummed I didn't feel it! Mild earthquakes are usually harmless and can be kinda fun. Although, I say that as a Californian where earthquakes are the norm and every building is designed to withstand them.

Hurricane Irene is making it's way up here. Hopefully it doesn't cause too much damage. Although, it should only be a tropical storm by the time it reaches Massachusetts. We're looking forward to it up here, but praying that those South of us aren't affected too much.

It's times like these that I'm so happy to have a roof over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design