7 Quick Takes

Friday, September 16, 2011

1. The weather has officially turned to fall. It’s in the 50’s today and I am loving it!

2. Hannah caught a cold about a week ago and then passed it on to me, so we’ve been recuperating this week. Poor little Abby has a stuffy nose too. I suppose that will happen when your big sister constantly coughs in your face.

3. I started coaching this week. My team is so cute. I’m coaching 6th grade girls soccer and I think we’re going to have a great season. I also started teaching last Saturday. I’m teaching 4th and 5th grade Math. Love it.

4. We’ve been thinking and talking a lot about homeschooling lately. School is still a ways away for us, but it looks like we may be headed towards homeschooling preschool. I know people bring up the “socialization” argument, which really is bunk in my opinion because it’s not like we’re going to keep her locked in her room all day. She’ll be able to take music classes, story time, play soccer, etc. Plus, one of the many advantages of having two girls close in age is that they're always around kids their own age, each other.

5. The prospect of homeschooling Hannah both excites me and terrifies me. I love the idea of creating a curriculum designed to foster her curiosity and uniquely created for her personality and temperament. On the other hand, I alone am responsible for her education. Scary.

6. I started my postpartum modified diet yesterday. I’m cutting out sugar and desserts and eating a salad and soup for lunch during the week. On the weekends, I allow myself to indulge a little. This plan helped me to lose all the baby weight after Hannah, so I’m really crossing my fingers it will work again.

7. So far our busy schedule is going pretty well. Although, I recently learned that in order to earn my Masters from my grad school, I need to complete my thesis by May 2012. Initially, I was going to take a break from working on it this semester, but in light of this deadline, I’ve decided to work on it now, so that’s another obligation to add to my already busy schedule. C'est la vie.

For more Quick Takes visit Conversion Diary. Jen's Quick Takes are always so funny.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You have a fabulous attitude in the midst of what sounds like a very busy time in your life. My children are older (19 and 12) but I really wish I'd had the option of homeschooling when they were starting school. Good luck with the diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the modiefied died. I have 3 months till Baby arrives, and several more months before I think I'm actually allowed to "diet." Not sure I'm strong enough to go hard-core-no-sugar/desserts, but I definitely am ready to shed the baby weight-plus-2-pounds-for-each-previous-pregnancy weight. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design