Triplets?

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Matthew had a dream last night that I gave birth to triplets-all girls. He woke up at 4:30am this morning in a cold sweat. (Not really. Well, yes to the 4:30am part, no to the cold sweat. Cold sweat just sounds good.)

In the dream we delivered one baby, but then much to our surprise, two more came out. Matthew said he was like "what the *@!" and was mad at me because I didn't tell him we were having triplets. Apparently he kept asking, "you didn't see this on the ultrasound?!?"

To reassure him that the likelihood of having triplets is extremely low, I looked up the statistics for multiple births. The odds of conceiving triplets naturally is 1 in 8,100. However, when I told him this, he asked, "yeah, but what are the odds of having two kids with craniosynostosis again?" Touche. We do tend to "beat the odds."

Uh oh.

(The likelihood of having a child with craniosynostosis is 1 in 2,000. But the odds of having two kids with different types of cranio, well, it's probably more than 1 in 8,100.)

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I know. I could maybe handle twins, but triplets? Oh Lordy.

    I still think you're gonna have twins...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for thinking positively! VERY positively!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design