Update on the Girls

Saturday, September 17, 2011
Since many of you are only here reading my blog for one reason, well two little reasons, I figure I'd better meet my Hannah and Abby picture quota along with a little update on how they're doing.

Hannah is growing so much. That sounds so cliched, but it's true. She’s beginning to leave babyhood behind and entering the wonderful world of little girlhood. She’s been talking (babbling) up a storm lately. Although we only understand about half (not even) of what she says, she assumes she's speaking our language. She’ll babble something and then look at us like, “you understand, right?” Her new favorite phrase is “oh, daddy.” It’s really cute. Whenever Matthew walks through the door he’s greeted with a delightful little squeal of “oh daddy!” Do you think he loves it? Umm, that would be a yes.



Along with growing physically, she’s also growing emotionally. She has finally learned to say the word “no,” which means we’ve been dealing with some temper tantrums lately. Oh joy. She’s quite persistent in her wants, very willful (that's Matthew's nice way of saying stubborn). I wonder where she gets that from.


Abby, my little love, is growing like a weed. She’s already wearing 6-12 month clothes. We joke that in a few months she and Hannah will be the same size. People already think they’re twins (which is weird because, I mean, c’mon), but in a year they probably really will look like the same age.


Abby loves to move. She’s always kicking her legs and wanting to roll around. We put her down on her play mat and she’ll roll across the living room. And she’s so strong too. She can hold her head up no problem even with her helmet on. She must have neck muscles of steel.


Speaking of her helmet, it's working really well. Her head shape has already started to change. Last week her head measured 5mm change, which is great! It's nice to see that all this hard work is starting to pay off.


Have I mentioned before how much Hannah and Abby love each other? It’s adorable. Hannah will squat down and peer under Abby’s helmet to talk to her and Abby will get the biggest smile on her face. Sigh. I love them.




Okay, can I just add, I swear my children wear pants. Looking at these pictures you wouldn't think so.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, these are awesome pictures, Jennie! Those two are insanely cute. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Molly! Thanks for commenting!

    Glad you like the pictures. I want to get a new camera, remind me which kind of camera you have again?

    Hope all is well! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design