Friday Quick Takes

Friday, January 20, 2012

1. It's so good to be back blogging! Now that I have a little more free time (I'm no longer coaching), I'm trying to be better about blogging regularly and documenting my life with the littles.

2. Hannah's 2nd birthday is this weekend. Can you believe it? Two, it sounds so old. She's been talking up a storm lately. Her favorite thing to do right now is point to each of us and say our name, "Daddy" y "Mama" y "sister," she must have been Spanish in a past life or something because she really does use "y" in place of "and." When I ask her what her name is she says "Hana-da," (it's sounds like Canada, with an H). It's fantastic. She's a genius. And I love that she's talking more, so fun!

3.Matthew went to a beer brewing class last week. (I gave him the class as a Christmas gift.) So we're going to try our hand at brewing again. It's one of our hobbies and we both want to become more knowledgeable about the subject. Wish us luck!

4. I've finally started to lose the baby weight, finally. This time around was a lot harder and I didn't actually start losing weight until Abby was about 5 months old. I've read that sometimes with nursing, the weight doesn't start to come off until the baby is 6 months old. That seems to be the case for me this time. Anyways, I've started running and modified my diet again and it's nice to see the scale going down. I have about 12-15 more lbs to go, but I'll get there. I figure by the time Abby is about a year the weight should be gone. Can't weight (haha, bad joke).

5. I've been reading a lot of decorating blogs lately and it has inspired me to add little pieces of flare here and there around our home. I think I'll do an "around our home" blog post soon.

6. Hmm, something about Abby. She is quickly outgrowing her helmet. Last week she developed a blister on the side of her head and this week there's a tiny welt on her face. My poor baby. She gets to have a break from the helmet when this happens, which is a nice break for both of us. I get to kiss her head and cuddle her without that big bulky helmet. She's getting her new helmet in about a week and thankfully our insurance is pretty much covering the whole thing. That was a nice surprise. I didn't think we had met the deductible for this year yet, so I was fully expecting to pay out of pocket for it. We have to pay just 20%, which comes to $400. That means her helmet cost $2,000, can you believe that? I thought it was around $1,200, but $2,000, that's crazy. Oh well.

7. One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to cook more meals from scratch. I tend to do this anyways, but I want to be more diligent about it. I want to know every single ingredient that goes into my family's bodies and the easiest way to do that is to cook and bake from scratch. It's been so fun getting back to basics in this way.

For more Quick Takes visit Jen over at Conversion Diary.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are back!

    Isn't healthcare just ridiculous? We have to pay $630 for my husband and I to get Whooping Cough vaccines (out of pocket, unless we can convince the insurance company that it was wrongly denied...which it was!). So glad a lot of it is covered for you.

    I kind of slipped up on the meals from scratch thing once Lucia was born, but I need to get back to it (plus, I really enjoy cooking).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design