"Old Lady" Baby Names

Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Baby names fascinate me. What and why people choose to name their children really intrigues me. One baby name trend that I really love right now is "Old Lady Names." These are names that are considered "vintage" and yet making a comeback. Hannah and Abigail fit into this category, (along with the Bible names category).

A few other old lady names that I'm loving right now are:
*Hazel
*Evangeline (both Matthew and I like this name--which is huge, so maybe for baby #3...)
*Eliza (I used to dislike this name, but it's really grown on me)
*Eleanor (this is my grandmother's name and I love it. I really want an Eleanor and am hoping I can convince Matthew)
*Frances (this is Matthew's Mom's name)
*Beatrice (Matthew says no go to this one)

Are there any "Old Lady Names" that you like?

8 comments:

  1. I love Evangeline, it was the name of my grandmother's oldest sister and they called her Vangie. Eleanor and Beatrice are really pretty too. I really considered Beatrice (or Beatriz) this time around but David said no.

    I really like Evelyn also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Evelyn a lot too! Forgot to include that on the list. I think we would call Evangeline, Eva, but who knows...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Dorothy! My grandmas name...

    I have some thoughts on the others...but I better email you privately as I don't know who reads your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry~ I remember you mentioning Dorothy before. Email me your other thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this trend too. Our girls are named after great great grandparents/aunts, so they have old lady names, with Sadie and Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Margaret too! And Sadie, that's cute. I've heard that name around a lot more lately, I tell ya, these old lady names are catching on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I have 4 daughters with old lady names I have an ella rose, Jane leeann, ruth James and Anna mae. All after grandparents

    ReplyDelete
  8. have some thoughts on the others...but I better email you privately as I don't know who reads your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design