Simplify

Friday, January 13, 2012

Many bloggers are choosing one word to represent this upcoming year and I wanted to jump on the bandwagon. I must admit, at first I didn't think I could choose just one word. But after thinking about it for a couple of days, the word seemed obvious: Simplify.

This last year was a busy one for us. Between Abby's birth and surgery and every day life with two under two, well, things were fairly hectic. Plus, one of my New Year's resolutions for 2011 was to accept- emotionally- the idea of living in Massachusetts. So I signed us up for a bunch of activities. We made lots of friends and attended a lot of events and in time, I came to enjoy living in Massachusetts. 2011 New Year's Resolution? Check.

But my attempts to become more involved also meant more activities, more obligations and more time spent outside the home.

So this year, my goal is to focus inward- on my family and on my home. I want to slow down and enjoy life with my little family. That means less outings and less activities and more time spent at home, simply being.

We are going to simplify our activities. This means I've had to say no to some things, which although difficult, has also been somewhat of a relief. We are going to simplify our home. That means less stuff. I hate excess stuff anyways, so this is pretty easy for me. Less clothes means less laundry. Fewer toys means less cleanup.

I feel like by simplifying my life, our lives, it will allow us the time and space to truly enjoy life. My children are only little for so long and I want to savor every moment with them. I don't want to miss this time. So 2012, welcome, but let's keep it simple, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design