To My Abby

Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Dear Abby,

I can't believe you are 7 months old already, where did the time go? I apologize that this is the first time I'm writing to you.
Abby, I am so proud to have you as my daughter. Your Grams likes to say that you've been blessed with an amazing spirit and we agree! You are able to face whatever life brings you with such grace. Craniosynostosis, surgery, helmets, eye examines, glasses (eventually), you bear your crosses with such acceptance and fortitude. For that I admire you. It may sound silly to say I admire my 7 month old daughter, but I do.
Right now I'm watching you play with your sister's coloring book. You like to flip through the pages to hear the noises the paper makes. You are babbling away, you are such my little chatterbox. Your father and I joke that you'll probably be speaking before your sister. You just have so much to say.


At 7 months there is so much that you can do. You can sit-up on your own, roll around, almost crawl, say Mama (at least I like to think so), wrestle with your sister. All of your doctors are so impressed with how mature you seem for 7 months. But despite this, you so desperately want to be bigger. You want to be able to run and keep up with your hero, Hannah. You love your Mama and Daddy, but you adore your sister. No one can make you laugh like she does. I pray the two of you always remain close. Even though you want to grow up, I want you stay my little bug for just a while longer.
If I could choose just one word to describe you I think it would have to be "friendly." You love people, if ever I saw a people person, it would be you. You have a smile for everybody, young or old, black or white, you don't care. You have such a kind soul and I like to think of you as a little saint in the making.
Thank you for coming into our lives and thank you for being such a wonderful daughter. We love you Abigail!

Love,
Mama

6 comments:

  1. So sweet and precious. Love the pink helmet! Glad to see you blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sweet!!!!!
    That's so funny Hannah can make her laugh the most!

    Also, Hannah looks so old!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad told me about this blog to Abby - truly a precious tribute to a special little girl. She will cherish this love letter! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad told me about this beautifully written blog to Abby - truly precious tribute to a special little girl. Abby will cherish this love letter! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandi ~ I know, the grow so fast, right?!

    Thanks, Rachel! I figured if she had to have a helmet, it might as well be pink.:) Thanks for reading my blog!

    Ker~ I'm sure Isabel and baby #2 will be besties too:)

    Unknown~ Mom? Thanks. She is a special little girl. God has big plans for her, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design