My Plans for Lent

Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I think I say this every year, but I love Lent. For the last several weeks I’ve been thinking and praying about what to do this Lent to truly make it a purposeful one. There are a few things from which I have decided to fast. One is coffee. Yikes, I may regret actually writing that down.  No turning back now.  Lately I’ve felt too dependent upon it and I don’t want to feel that addicted, for lack of a better word, to a food or drink, so it’s gots to go. 

Secondly, I plan to limit my internet time, but I will still keep up my blogging for the sake of the grandparents.  I'm not entirely sure how to do this, any suggestions? Along with blog posts, I’m going start a journal to my daughters. The journal will be comprised of letters to them about what I want them to know about life and about being a woman. I’m really excited about it.  

As far as prayer is concerned, I want to make it to daily Mass once during the week. This is going to be a toughie because with two little kids it won’t be easy to corral them, but I figure 30 minutes isn’t going to kill any of us. Or will it…? Debatable.

I also plan to pray the Rosary every day. I have a special intention to which the entirety of my Lenten Rosaries will be devoted.  Last year my intentions were primarily for a healthy birth for my child and for my friends struggling with infertility. I didn’t get the birth I wanted, but you know what, two of those friends got pregnant, so it wasn’t all for naught. 

What are your Lenten plans?

1 comment:

  1. Well...healthy mama and healthy baby, and you did get that! And those prayers are sooooo effective. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design