Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Last week a friend of mine had her second baby, a little boy. Her oldest, also a boy, is the same age as Hannah and they live around the corner from us, so we get together often. Yesterday the girls and I were able to visit them I was able to hold that little newborn baby. Ooh, I loved it! I didn’t want to give him up, but Abby started getting a little jealous, so I reluctantly handed him back to his mom. (She was so cute looking up at me like Mama what in the world is going on? I’m your baby!)It was only 8.5 months ago that Abby was that size, but it seems like so long ago. It’s true what they say, you forget how small newborn babies are. 

Before we headed over to visit baby Teddy, we swung by Target to pick out a “big brother” toy for John. We perused the “boy toys” aisle and I had so much fun trying to decide between a Thomas the Train toy or a matchbox car. I tried asking Hannah for help, but she was none too interested in trains or cars. Whoever says there’s no difference between boys and girls clearly has never had children. Hannah wanted to check out the princesses and she’s never even seen a glimpse of Cinderella or any other of those Disney princess movies.  I got such a kick out of those boy toys. Little boys crack me up with their love of all things trains and cars and bulldozers.  And it made me realize, I want a boy. 

The thought of having a boy both excites and scares me. I love boys and would love raising one, but we’re so used to girls around here, part of me is afraid I wouldn’t know how to parent a boy. But I do think we need some snips and snails in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design