7 Quick Takes: 7 Books on My Kindle

Friday, March 23, 2012
1. The Hunger Games
I totally jumped on The Hunger Games bandwagon. Oh my goodness the first book was so good, in a disturbing Brave New World type of way. I read the entire book in one night, I couldn't put it down.


2. Defending Jacob
Another book I read in one sitting. A very thought provoking book about parent-child relationships and the secrets children and parents keep from one another. Another disturbing book, especially regarding teenagers and the internet. The story was set in this area, so that made it all the more interesting. 
 

3. A Grace Given
If I could recommend any book for someone to read this year it would have to be this one. I had the pleasure of meeting the woman whose husband who wrote this book. It chronicles their life and struggles as they watch their firstborn child, their daughter, suffer from a debilitating illness. It's incredibly moving. The author explores the relationship between love and suffering and faith. As a parent who has had to endure a hospitalized child, it struck an extremely deep chord for me. It's a must read in my book.


4. Daughter of Joy
I've totally gotten hooked on these Amish romance type novels. Their family-centered, simplistic lifestyle has me seriously considering conversion, haha.

5. Our Lady of Kibeho: Mary Speaks to the World from the Heart of Africa
This is a book by Immaculee Ilibagiza, author of the incredible Left to Tell. In this book she writes about the Marian apparitions in Rwanda. Really fascinating.

 
6. Pride & Prejudice: A BabyLit Book
Okay, this book isn't on my Kindle. I bought it for the girls and it's so cute! It's a counting book that tells the story of Pride and Prejudice. "1 English Village, 2 Rich Gentlemen" and so on. Classic literature, right up our family's alley.


7. The Midwife
I haven't read this book yet, but it's calling my name. I think it's next up on the list.


Have you read any great books lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design