Reece's Rainbow

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I had seen mention of this charity before and have read a few blogs of families who have adopted children through Reece’s Rainbow and I've always been moved by the generous hearts of these people. However, it was not until this horrific story of the parents suing a hospital over the fact that their daughter was born with Down Syndrome (a "wrongful birth" suit is what they're calling it) that I decided to actually try to do something to help these little ones. So I finally decided to check out Reece's Rainbow.

Reece’s Rainbow is an adoption ministry whose mission it is to rescue orphans with Down Syndrome. They help facilitate international adoptions for these children and waiting families as well as help raise the necessary funds to pay for such adoptions. 

If I could, I would adopt all those little guys and girls who so desperately need a home. Children without parents or anyone to cuddle and kiss and love them have a soft spot in my heart, as they should.  Every child deserves to be loved. While currently we do not feel called to adopt one of these orphans, perhaps someone reading this blog is. By publicizing this charity we can hopefully get the word out there and help these children. 

Even if you are not called to adoption, there are many things you can still do to help Reece’s Rainbow and orphans with Down Syndrome. First things first, pray. Another easy and free option is to download the Good Search engine toolbar. Every time you search the internet Good Search will donate money to Reece’s Rainbow (or the charity of your choice). I just downloaded it this morning, so I’m still trying to figure out how everything works, but it seems that for every search you do, .$01 goes to Reece’s Rainbow. That may not sound like much, but if you search 50 things per day that adds up to around $15 per month and roughly $182 per year! That’s a good chunk of change all for just browsing the internet. So do it, download that search engine now!

Of course, RR is always accepting donations, so that is another way to help. I'm sure we can all find $20 to give this month. 

Finally, I would encourage you to go check out their website and see what a phenomenal charity this really is and what great things they are doing for children and families. 

"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design