Save the Orphans

Monday, March 26, 2012
These last few weeks I haven’t been able to get “orphans” off my mind. Then this morning, I read this post and this one attempting to get little Malcolm the money he needs to get him a family. Won’t you consider donating? Just $10 would make a difference in the life of this child. 

My children are fed, clothed, housed and most importantly, loved. Sometimes, I look at them and think “how did you get so lucky?” There are thousands, millions of children worldwide who aren’t so fortunate. While hunger, nakedness and homelessness are devastating, I think a child feeling unloved is the worst tragedy of all. To think of children without anyone to cuddle or kiss them breaks my heart.  I just want to take all the motherless children out there and hug them. Or just adopt them all. 

But right now we are not in a position to adopt a child and sometimes I think anything I would try to do would be a drop in the bucket. But I can pray and I can donate money.Won't you consider doing the same?

“We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.”
~Mother Teresa

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!! God bless you for your generous heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read a book about adoption and caring for orphans has been really strong on my heart. So glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, my pleasure. Every little bit helps, right?

    Mandi~ that definitely seems to be going around. God bless the motherless children.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design