7 Quick Takes: Our California Trip

Friday, April 20, 2012

1) Is it Friday already? We returned from California late Monday night, so it’s been a bit of a whirlwind this week trying to get organized and caught up with life around here. Our trip to California was absolutely wonderful and so much fun. Matthew and I both agree that the best part of the trip was watching our kids receive so much love and attention from their grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncle, great aunts, friends, etc. Those kids were the center of attention the entire time and they relished in that attention. Although now that we’re back Hannah has been asking for Bumpa and Grams and “Bilah” and “Kay-ha” and Sam and “Jah-ha” (my sisters Libby, Katie, Sam and Jacqui) and it’s absolutely breaking my heart. She misses you guys!

2) Easter was lovely too, as you can see from the pictures. We enjoyed a nice Easter brunch at my grandparents, which was followed with the annual competitive egg-hunt which Hannah was able to partake in this year. Hannah loved searching for the eggs and Abby loved chasing my grandmother’s dog (the girl is wild about dogs-who knew?).

3) Abby took her first steps in California!! She must be a California girl at heart. She took three steps to my Mom. Do you think Grams loved that? Just a little bit.

4) My sisters and I hosted a bridal shower for my sister Jacqui who is getting married in August. It turned out so well, if I do say so myself. We totally expected the whole thing to look like one of those “nailed it” pictures, but it turned out okay. Thank you Pinterest people!

5) Every time we visit California I’m always reminded of how much time people spend in their cars. Compared to the East Coast where you drive for like 2 minutes and you’ve driven through all of New England, in California you can drive for days and only make it down the block. And Californians get hit so hard with gas prices. It’s brutal.

6) This is a total vanity “take,” but I had my hair highlighted at my favorite salon in the East Bay. For some reason, this salon is the only one that can highlight my hair and still make it look natural. I love my new blondish highlights! That was a little reward to myself for reaching one of my target weight goals. In 5 more pounds I can buy myself a new swimsuit. It’s all about the little things.

7) I’m starting to sound really superficial. I promise my next post will be serious. In exciting news, while we were in California my dear friend found out she is expecting another baby girl! I’m beyond thrilled for her as this has been a much prayed for child and two girls, what joy. Of course, I’m a little biased towards two daughters.

All right, that’s it. For more Quick Takes, visit the ever insightful and amusing Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design