1) It’s Infertility Awareness Week and I feel compelled to mention it. Infertility is something very near and dear to my heart and can be a devastating cross to bear. This should be an entire post in and of itself.
2) Next week I’m going to be doing a giveaway for Declan, so stay tuned! I’ll be raffling off a Kindle Fire for people who donate or post on their own blog or Facebook about the little guy. I’m convinced we can find him a home, we just have to get his cute little face out there.
3) Last night, I watched the movie The Help. I loved, loved the book and was pleasantly surprised with how well the movie turned out. No movie will ever be as good as the book it’s based upon, but this movie came pretty darn close.
4) In honor of The Help and general good mothering, I held Hannah on my lap and told her, “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.” Then she whispered to me, “I wuv you.” Aww, baby girl, I love you too.
5) Abby had an appointment with her neurosurgeon this past week and he was very pleased with her progress. He wants her to have a CAT scan in June to confirm her suture is still open and she will have to continue to wear the helmet for a few more months, but we’re getting so close to the end of this journey. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Praise Jesus.
6) This weekend I’m running a 5K race in support of Children’s Hospital. Hannah is running in the “Toddler Dash,” so she and I have been training all week.
7) I can’t think of a 7th Quick Take right now, so I’ll leave you with these pictures of my little Cindy Lou Who.