Declan

Monday, April 23, 2012
I would like to introduce you to someone. My new little guy. I am his Reece's Rainbow "guardian angel," which means I will be praying for him, advocating for him and fundraising for him in order to try and find him a home. Meet Declan

How cute is he? Seriously.

It's almost uncanny because he looks like he could be my child. Declan lives in an orphanage in Russia. He's almost three years old and according to Reece's Rainbow, "has a very calm and kind personality. He is lively, cheerful, sleeps and eats well.  His development corresponds to his age." He has no family and apparently no one visits him in the orphanage. He is available for international adoption.

He was born with  "compensated hydrocephalus and cystic lesions in the head" and while I'm working to learn exactly what that means for him, my first response is "that's nothing." If his development corresponds to his age then these so called birth defects have little bearing on him. I am convinced we can find him a family soon.


I'm going to be mentioning him a lot on this little blog and am planning a fundraiser and giveaway, so stay tuned, but for now I just wanted to introduce you to him.


Here's his Reece's Rainbow page.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet sweet kiddo! Oh my gosh have to go read his profile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right! Thanks!

    I just updated my previous post with instructions on how to donate. Hopefully they help! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooooooo excited that you are Declan's GA!! I love him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I are in the beginning stages of trying to adopt Declan. His sweet face has captured our hearts and we can't wait to move along in the process of adopting him. I would love to chat with you and find out what you have learned about his condition and maybe work together to bring him home. :)

    Amy
    (teachin3rd@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is soooo adorable! I just saw his profile while looking at the Reece's Rainbow website. Thanks so much for being his Guardian Angel! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design