Swimming on a Rainy Afternoon

Wednesday, May 9, 2012
At exactly 2:41pm this afternoon, I was close to losing it. It was raining outside. Hannah refused to go down for a nap and it was starting to be a very long day.

Hannah did something she wasn't supposed to, I forget what, and annoyed, I growled at her. I laugh now because it seems stupid, growling at a 2 year-old. I also gave her the evil eye to let her know I was none too happy with her.

She just kinda stared at me, a little scared, a little amused. Then we both started to laugh. It was then that I realized I wasn't going to win this naptime battle, so I changed course. I put the girls in their bathing suits and filled the bathtub. They were going swimming.

They had a ball splashing and playing in the tub and I enjoyed watching them.

It was a simple thing, but I feel like I won a small battle with myself this afternoon.

There's a quote on my Mary Englebreit calendar for this month that says, "There's no way to be a perfect mother, but there's a hundred ways to be a good one." I needed to be reminded of that.

Cuties in their suits. Please excuse the gross grime on the bathtub.

Splashing is fun. Can you tell I hate to/just don't clean the bathtub?



After swimming, we made oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies. Mothering crisis averted.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I know...sometimes you just have to completely change course and do something different to get out of a mood.
    And yeah, skipping a nap....so difficult!

    Um, my shower is the same, and every day I think "I have to clean this before the midwives come during my birth...and I use the shower in labor." So, by August my shower will be clean. There is a goal for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blast to me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design