7 Quick Takes: June 29, 2012

Friday, June 29, 2012
 Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.

1. Call me crazy, but I think the Supreme Court's decision to uphold Obamacare might not actually be a bad thing. It will re-energize and re-mobilize the Tea Party movement and the Conservative Republican base and give Mitt an issue to run on. This could be the push people need to get out and vote in November.

2. Completely switching gears, we've been on vacation in Cape Cod for the past week and a half. The Cape is one of my favorite places on Earth. Pictures to come.

3. Hannah and Abby had a ball on our little vacay. During our time there I realized I am a officially the mother of two toddlers. They run and climb and get into mischief and they usually do it in two different directions. 

4. In a few short weeks we'll be heading out to California for my sister's wedding. We're really looking forward to it! I still need to find a belt for myself and matching headbands for the girls.

5. Speaking of sisters, one of my sisters may be coming to live with us next summer. I really, really hope she does (here that Libby?!). She's wicked smart (eww, I never use the word 'wicked', but it seems to apply in this case). "Smart" as in earning an A+ in Organic Chemistry at UC Berkeley smart. She's planning to apply to medical school next fall. I always wanted to be a doctor, but I was bored to death by the hard sciences so...since I can't be a doctor I want to help someone else become one. Plus, she's fun to have around. Libby, move East!

6. We've decided to continue the house hunt, but are changing direction both literally and figuratively. Ooh, figure out that riddle;) I'll write more when I can.  But I've tried to let the example of the Proverbs 31 wife guide me, "She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard." I want this to be a good investment for us and one that could potentially make us money. I'll keep you posted.

7. As you know these little orphans have captured my heart. Here's Holly. Isn't she beautiful? She has over $2,500 in her adoption fund. Go get her!







Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design