Best Dad in the World

Sunday, June 17, 2012
Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. 
~William Wordsworth

During our marriage preparation retreat, we were asked to share why we chose to marry our future spouse. Of course there were the obvious answers, he's smart, she's beautiful, he makes me laugh, we love each other. But one major reason why I chose to marry Matthew was because I knew he would make a great Dad. 

Four short years later and two kids in, I know I chose well. He co-sleeps, prepares bottles, changes diapers, drinks "tea", tickles, tosses, watches Barney and reads Brown Bear, Brown Bear 47 times in a row.

He loves his girls and they think the world of him. They cheer and shout when he walks in the door. He says he feels like he's coming back from Afghanistan, when in reality he simply went to throw out the trash. But that's how much they love him. In their minds, 5 minutes is just too long for him to be gone.

Last year for Father's Day I gave Matthew the book, Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, by Dr. Meg Meeker. The book emphasizes how vitally important it is for a young woman to have a strong father or father-figure in her life. Her father's presence and parenting is invaluable to a young woman. When I watch our girls interact with Matthew I am confident that they will grow into healthy young women because of him. 

Happy Father's Day, Matthew!

Love,
All your girls

And Happy Father's Day to my Dad! We love you, Bumpa!

St. Joseph, pray for us.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, he really is a great Dad. I heard that he read "The Expectant Father" over and over again before his girls were born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks really really good...and I just saw the author interviewed on EWTN. VERY important message about the imporance of fathers...especially for our lil girls!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design