Confession

Thursday, June 14, 2012
Right now I am about 5lbs away from my target goal weight. Being fairly close to this goal has made me, shall we say, less than motivated. I've pretty much stopped running and started eating a lot more ice cream. In my mind 5lbs is pretty darn close to being "done" with my weight loss. Except for the tiny little fact that 5lbs is not done.

I really need to get motivated again. The thing is, 5lbs doesn't sound like a lot, but on my small frame, it shows. Plus, I want to look good for my sister's upcoming wedding. Plus, I'm really vain.

For me, I feel like it's important to project a positive image of mothering little children and that includes looking good. I like to believe that if my kids and I look fairly pulled together other women may think "hey, if she can do it, so can I" or maybe it will encourage them to have just one more child. I'm probably crediting myself with way too much influence, but one never knows.

Any suggestions to renew my weight loss motivation?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennie, I found your blog through Leila. I'm also trying to lose some pregnancy weight, however, I'm still about 12 pounds away from my goal. I've found myself actually to be more motivated by watching the pounds finally start to come off. (It took a while to even lose one!)

    I used to work in a fitness center and what kept the women motivated was that we measured them on a weekly basis. This was only for women who were interested (not everyone wanted this.) I'm not really sure if you would find this motivating or not--for me, I don't find it too motivating. But it's the only thing I could think of!

    Hopefully that upcoming wedding will be enough to motivate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five pounds is so close!! This is awesome! (and really gives me some hope as I just see the scale going UP at this stage in my life) :)

    What if when you go workout or are being active, you think of how you will feel in the bridesmaid dress? What if you reward yourself if you get the last five pounds off (new yoga pants, fun date with Matthew, or something)

    It is so important to portray a positive image as mothers!! And you do!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design