Happy Birthday, Abby!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012
To my Abby,

Today you are one. Happy Birthday!

They say life is full of surprises. You have been the best surprise of my life, dear girl. From the moment we learned of your existence, to when the doctor announced “it’s a girl!” You have shown us the beauty of unexpected blessings. From your craniosynostosis diagnosis, to your helmet, to your endless doctors’ appointments, you have thrived despite life’s challenges.  

One of the many joys I have in being your mother is watching you play. Whether you are cooking in your kitchen or reading one of your books, I often think, “man, that is the coolest kid ever.” The way you carry yourself with a quiet confidence impresses and amuses me to no end.

At just a year old, you are a woman who knows her own mind. If you are able to harness that drive, the world has no limits for you.

You have been through a lot in your first year of life. You continue to impress everyone around you with your ability to handle your trials with gumption and grace. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life.

Happy birthday, missy. We love you more than words.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, sweet one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictorial...Abby's spirit shines!!! Happiest of first birthdays Abu!!! Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictorial Jennie..one Abby will cherish years down the road! Her spirit shines through your images. Happiest of first birthdays Abu!!!! Lot of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful pictorial Jennie..one Abby will cherish for years. Her spirit shines through your images! Happiest of first birthdays Abu!!! Lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennie! And happy birthday, Abby! Ok, so that video totally brought tears to my eyes. So very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serena! How are you?

      I know, I think I've watched the video like 14 times today. It makes me super emotional. Haha. Babies grow up so fast! How's your little girl?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design