7 Quick Takes: The Medical Edition

Friday, July 27, 2012

What a week!

1. I came down with mastitis earlier in the week. No fun. It wiped me out for a couple of days. But as they say,  "sleep, riches and health, to be truly enjoyed, must be interrupted." I'm feeling much, much better. 

2. We met with Hannah's neurosurgeon to get a second opinion on Abby's situation. It was a very good meeting in that we walked away with a lot of information and a plan of action. Abby will most likely be having surgery in the next few months (I'll write an entire post on the surgery later). It will be major surgery--on her skull and she will be in the hospital for about a week. I'm okay right now, but I'm sure as the time nears I'll be a nervous wreck. Please pray for my baby.  

3. After meeting with Dr. Butler, we've decided we want him to perform the surgery (as opposed to the neurosurgeon who performed Abby's first surgery). We just really like him and feel comfortable with him. He's a native Californian and his wife went to Berkeley, so there ya go. Now the tricky part is switching doctors. We're not sure how to go about this. I feel kinda like it's breaking up with someone. It's not him, it's us...maybe if we just stop returning his calls he'll get the idea. (Just kidding, we would never do that.)

4. After our doctor's appointment we headed down to the Cape for a much needed getaway. We stayed overnight and left feeling refreshed and ready to tackle whatever lies ahead. 

5. Abby has another appointment at Children's this afternoon for some final head scans. I'm hoping it will be a quick appointment.

6. We are leaving on Monday to head out to California for my sister's wedding. We're so excited and can't wait to spend some quality time with my family. The girls are lavished with attention whenever we visit and it's just so fun for us to watch people love on our children. 

7. Orphan Profile: Beatrice. My little love.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you are over your illness...Ugg!

    That is really interesting about switching doctors and about the upcoming surgery. I will be praying for you a lot...I wish I could be there for you to make meals and comfort you for the week she's in the hospital. Wait...what month will it be? Maybe I will be able to travel. :)

    Have fun in CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Kerry! That's so sweet of you to offer. We're not sure when it will be yet, possibly November, maybe even sooner.

    I can't wait to make meals for YOU and comfort you after you have little Mary, which will be soon!!!

    I'll enjoy California for ya!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design