Lithe & Leggy

Thursday, July 5, 2012
"Lithe and leggy, the pre-school child's proportions are quite different from the dumpy toddler or large-headed baby."
~Your Baby and Child by Penelope Leach

Lately, when I look at Hannah I hear Penelope Leach's description of a child's body in my head.  My little girl is becoming quite "lithe and leggy." Suddenly and overnight she looks tall to me. 

This realization makes me both happy and sad. She's becoming such a lovely little girl, but all remnants of her babyhood are behind us now. Someday, all too soon, she'll be a woman.

 "It is rare that one can see in a little boy the promise of a man, but one can almost always see in a little girl the threat of a woman."~ Alexandre Dumas


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I love both those quotes you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Jennie..she is totally getting older! What a gorgeous little girl, and her personality! Can't wait to see my baby girls soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hannah...can't wait to wrap my arms around you again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design