Mothering Fails

Tuesday, July 10, 2012
I seem to be in high form in my mothering duties lately. I actually had to write "read to kids" on my to-do list last week. But hey, it worked. Since it was on my list, I did it. Sad, but true.

I'm embarrassed to admit, but the following may have been said by me in the past few days.

"Damn it*, Hannah, you're gonna have to wait. Can't you see I'm trying to read blogs about how to be a better mother?"

"Abby, if you want me to love you, you will not roll around while I'm trying to change your diaper."

Me: "Oh crap."
Hannah: "Oh crap."

"Bubbsy (my nickname for Abby), I know you want to nurse, but Mama reeeaaally wants to get a beer first."

*I think I probably said "dang it," but thought I'd use the former for literary effect.

There you have it folks. I'm just trying to keep it real.

1 comment:

  1. You will be so thankful that you journaled these quotes. They crack me up but gotta admit I was there once too.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design